New Features of SAP Business One 9.1: Production
If you’re considering upgrading to the latest version of SAP Business One, now is the best time with all the new features and functionality added to 9.1. In this blog series, we’ll highlight all of the exciting new changes. This post explores the changes in Production.
The Resources module serves as an extension to the Production module; together they provide a base platform for managing light manufacturing processes in SAP Business One. As opposed to items, resources have capacity available throughout a period of time which can be assigned to production orders. Consumption of resources in a production process contributes to overall production costs and can be split into underlying cost elements for further accounting purposes.
The following enhancements have been implemented in the Production module:
- Bill of Materials and Production Order:
- In addition to item lines, you can now include in all BoM types lines of type Resource, which enable you to record capacity, and lines of type Text. The new line types are also supported in production orders.
- A new column for WIP Account has been added, enabling you to assign a default WIP account to each item or resource component. The account defined here is then used by default in released production orders and issues for production.
- A new column, Additional Quantity, enables you to record any consumption of resources and items beyond the consumption that is directly derived from the BoM.
- You can now change the sequence of lines in the Bill of Materials window, using Up and Down arrows. The sequence you set is reflected in production orders as well.
- You can now add user defined fields to Bill of Materials that are then reflected in production orders.
- Component Management for BoM – This new functionality enables you to update bills of materials in batches. You can choose whether to add, delete, or change lines in user defined ranges of bills of materials.
- A Production Data tab has been added to the Item Master Data window to support production related information.
- A By-Product Handling – Manual issue method is now supported for by-product components in production orders and reflected in receipt from production. This new capability enables you to manually update the cost of the by-product if required.
The MRP wizard has been enhanced as follows:
- You can include additional data sources and filter them as required.
- You can select multiple MRP forecasts for MRP recommendations; in addition, MRP forecasts support zero-quantity items.
- In order recommendations, you can change the order type.
To find out more about SAP Business One 9.1, watch for the next blog post or contact Third Wave.