New Features of SAP Business One 9.1: Financials
If you’re considering upgrading to the latest version of SAP Business One, now is the best time with all the new features and functionality added to 9.1. In this blog series, we’ll highlight all of the exciting new changes. This post explores the changes in Financials.
With this feature, you can work across branches on one company database, but only with authorized data. Major functions of this feature include:
- Documents are created for specific branches and only with master data, for example, warehouses and business partners that are assigned to the branches.
- Different branches share some common data and settings, for example, items and document settings.
- You can create purchasing documents based on sales documents
The fixed assets function has been enhanced, and you can now perform the following:
- Cancel Depreciation Runs: In the Depreciation Run window, you can cancel a depreciation run by right-clicking the mouse and choosing Cancel. As a result, the posted depreciation of this depreciation run is reverted correspondingly. In addition, the journal entries which were generated based on this depreciation run are then reversed automatically.
- Carry Cost Accounting Information from Marketing Documents: In the Retirement and Manual Depreciation windows, you can choose to carry the project and distribution rule related information retrieved from the marketing document. This information is further carried to the journal entries that are generated based on the retirement or manual depreciation.
- An option to create journal entries for asset transfers at any time has been added: On the Per Document tab in the Document Settings window, you can select the Always Create Journal Entry for Asset Transfer checkbox for Fixed Asset Transfer documents. The application creates a journal entry to record each asset transfer that is carried out at any time as required, even if the same account is used for both the source asset and target asset.
To find out more about SAP Business One 9.1, watch for the next blog post or contact Third Wave.